Thursday, January 8, 2009

Before Christmas Trip

On December 17, we left the little boys behind with a babysitter and tried to leave for Southern Utah. Around 6 pm the airlines announced that Las Vegas had received a foot of snow and therefore, the airport was closed. The airlines rerouted us to Salt Lake City. We arrived in SLC about midnight and then drove for what was supposed to be a 5-hour drive. It turned into an
8-hour drive because of snow. Now that the stressful part was over, we got to enjoy the rest of the trip. We were gone 5 days and visited Escalante, Ut, Bryce Canyon, the Grand Canyon, the Flinstone Village, Hoover Dam, and finally my sister in Vegas. We put Matthew in charge of the camera. I think he may have some of my mother in him because he took 300 pictures.



Devil's Garden, outside of Escalante, Utah.
Mark was so excited that he got to use the 4-wheel drive on the rental car.
I was a little nervous because the snow was starting to drift and I didn't want to get stuck out in the middle of no-where.





Bryce Canyon





The Grand Canyon

Mark asked a lady that worked at the Grand Canyon what was the most important sight for us to see. She stated with a straight face, "the big hole". Mark then asked where that was. She pointed outside. I thought it was funny.






Mark and I went to the Grand Canyon for part of our honeymoon, 18 years ago. As we were leaving we drove past the Flinstone Village. We weren't able to go inside the village on our honeymoon, so this time we stopped for a visit.





We spent the night in Kingman, AR. We attended church there and then headed to the Hoover Dam.
While in Las Vegas, we went downtown to see the fountains and the Christmas decorations. We didn't stay very long. They had other stuff we didn't want to see down there also.

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! Call me so I can hear all about it!