Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bell Family Reunion

The Bells decided to have a family reunion. All 8 kids were there.
Mom wanted us all to attend her ward for church on Sunday. 3 of my brothers and families live in the near vicinity and could have gone to their own wards. I think Mom just wanted to fill up 4 of the middle benches in the chapel.
We celebrated my brother, Dan's, birthday. I made a chocolate cake from a recipe I had been wanting to try. We also had homemade waffles with a yummy caramel syrup for dinner. Stephenie had been wanting to try making the syrup so we had a good excuse to make it.
The whole clan.
All of the grand kids. There are 22 grand kids with 2 more due in November. (not twins)
After the picture taking session we all drove into town for ice cream. I'm sure the employees at the ice cream shop were shocked that 40 people came in at the same time. We only had one spill and it was water.
As soon as we were done with the ice cream, the 3 Texas families that don't live by Mom and Dad, loaded up and headed home. We made it home in 4.5 hrs. (because no one got car sick on the way home)
We had so much fun for this short weekend family reunion. I am so thankful for all of my brothers and sisters. We are so blessed to have such a good relationship and to have such a wonderful family.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Families are what life is all about.