Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Tree and Traditions



I love the Christmas Season.  I love all the traditions that go along with it.  I love the excitement over giving gifts.  I love all the baking and goodie plates.  I love doing the 12 Days of Christmas for 2 families in the neighborhood.  This year is a little different for us.  We decided to go on a cruise as a family this year.  My sister said that I would miss all the traditions  She was right about missing all of the traditions that we usually do.  I was feeling kinda sad about it.  When I talked to Mark (he was in London), he told me to go buy a small fake tree that was pre-lit and set it up in the livingroom.  Because we are leaving on the cruise on December 18th, I have to be completely ready for Christmas early.  I set up the new little tree and started wrapping presents and sticking them under. 


I did get one advent calendar out.  I think I have about 15. 



I am excited about the cruise because it is a nice family vacation before Matthew leaves for college.  But our traditions build family memories also.  We will take a few of them on the ship with us. 



  We found a scorpian in the box with the ornaments.

No comments: