The kids came up with their own ideas for costumes this year. How do you design a costume from a 7 year old's description of what they have imagined for a Halloween costume?
Richard wanted to be a Vivoblix. That is a character out of the book, Fablehaven. A Vivoblix is a vampire that after it bites you, can control you when you are asleep. I made the costume and it was not what he wanted. He was able to explain how to change the cape and so I could make it what he wanted.
Robert wanted to be the Blue Nijago. This is a lego ninja. I found a picture on Google images. I didn't know how to make a "totum" (spear). I ended up getting some clay and making a spear head. I baked a screw into the clay so that I could screw it into a wooden dowel. Then I spray painted the whole spear gold. Presto. It worked.
Now onto Rebecca. She decided the week of, that she wanted to be the Doppler Effect. Yep! It is from the Big Bang Theory. I Googled this. I found a costume place that had this particular costume on clearance but only in 1 size. It was the size I needed. I even got free shipping. It arrived the day before Halloween. Yea! We took bets on how many people at the ward party would be able to figure out what she was. Several people came up to me and asked if she was from the Big Bang Theory. They couldn't remember the name. She was happy.


No comments:
Post a Comment