Richard and Robert were running/racing through the house. They were all ready for school. Richard looked back to see how close Robert was to catching him and BAM- he hit the edge of the door with his head. I was right there and saw the whole thing. Then the scream...What a scream that child has. I scooped him up and sat down at the kitchen table. I told Robert to go get and ice thing out of the freezer and to get a wash cloth. I just held on to him and let the screaming/crying settle down. Then the nausea/throwing up started. Yuck! That means concussion. Then the loss of balance and not remembering what happened. I decided it was time to head in to see a Dr.
I took Robert to school on the way. The problem with Richard's timing on all this was that Rebecca had a Dr. appt with a specialist and I knew I would not be done with Richard in time. Rebecca had never driven to San Antonio by herself. I also didn't know how it would work with the Dr and me not being there. I figured they could call me and we could do a conference call.
The Dr on call was our favorite Dr. He used to be our Bishop in the other ward and has been an ER Dr. for many years. He is really good with kids. Richard looked at him and said "I didn't know you were a Dr" I thought "yes, you do" Then Richard couldn't remember what happened. He was shocked that the Dr. wanted to do stitches because his head couldn't have a cut since there was no blood. Huh? No blood.
I opted not to do stitches. I didn't feel the trauma of stitches was worth the outcome. Richard thought that maybe we would be able to tell them apart now since he would have a beautiful scar on his forehead. It healed so nicely that we still can't tell them apart!
During all this my friend, Rachel, came and got my car keys. She said she had something for me and wanted to put it in my car. When everything was done and we went to leave, I remembered that Rachel had my keys. I went to call her and there was a text message telling me that my keys were on the chair behind me. When we got to the car, Rachel had put doughnuts and hot chocolate in the car for us. Richard thought that was the best thing ever.
I texted Rebecca and found out that she had not been called back to see the Dr. yet. I headed into San Antonio. We made it to the office just as Rebecca was called. It all worked out!


No comments:
Post a Comment