Sunday, March 22, 2020

Quarantine

The pandemic of Covid-19 spread across the world.  In some areas, the death toll was quite high.  New York City, Spain, and Italy were especially hard hit.  Schools were closed and a stay-at-home order was issued.  We did not go back to school after Spring Break.  Mark continued to work at his office in San Antonio, but he was not permitted to travel to Mexico.

Life continued with a few changes for us.  The boys did distance learning for school.  It was basically a joke.  The school work was very easy and really was just to keep the kids from sliding backwards in their academics.
Jon studying at his desk in the living room area
All of the boys working on school work (or playing video games)

Many items were not available at the stores.  Toilet paper was cleared out.  I was thankful we had our food storage during all the panic buying that people did.
Homemade bread

Because we live in the country, we were able to continue many of our normal activities.  Swimming in the backyard, going on walks, and bike rides.  We also played board games.




Swimming
It has been quite an adjustment to limit social interaction.  The twins are more extroverted than I am.  I am thankful they have each other and that Jon was here.

Churches were closed down.  We began doing the Come Follow Me program as our Sunday worship. I have really enjoyed having home church.




No comments: