Friday, October 17, 2008

A Day in the Life of the Twins

Our day usually starts about 6:50 am. The boys come climb in bed with me and we snuggle for about 10 minutes. Then it is time to hop out of bed, make sure Rebecca is up, and start breakfast. At about 8:20 we head out the door to take Rebecca to school. Then it is off to the YMCA. I drop the boys in the nursery, "Y Land", and then I get in an aerobics or pilates class.



After the Y we head home for outside time.











"Look mom, I can fly." Are we batman or superman today?















Richard has learned to swing "by my own".












We usually spend at least an hour, if not two, outside in the mornings. Swings, trampoline, bouncing pogo stick, playscape, tricycles, and playing soccer. We are learning to play frisbee. But most of the time the frisbee is a pretend steering wheel and we zoom all over the yard.










After outside time, we come in and play for a while and then have lunch. Richard loves turkey sandwiches and Robert like cheese sandwiches. They both love mac n cheese and quesadillas. After lunch, we get nap time. This is my time to clean house, write letters, and check emails.
Around 2:00 the boys wake up and we just have playtime in the house. They like to cut paper right now. They also like to paint. I threw the play dough away. The little crumbs of play dough somehow get from the kitchen table to the carpet in the gameroom and all over the house.
At 4:00 we head to the middle school to pick up Rebecca. Then it is home once again and Outside time again until it is time for me to make dinner. I usually let the boys watch TV while I make dinner.







Robert can't wait for the chance to open the umbrella. He waits for me to be distracted with something else and then it is up on the table.


Richard loves Lucky. She is really patient and gentle with him.

No comments: