Monday, February 15, 2010

February Fishing and Camping

Trout do not do well in the warm waters of the Texas rivers. Soooo, in February the river's get to be stocked with trout. Mark took all 3 of the boys fishing for trout at the South Llano State Park.


Richard and Robert trying to help load the truck. Notice the boys are in short sleeves. It is almost 70 degrees out.

Mark loading the truck.

The sun went down and so did the temperatures. Matthew wore shorts. As a last minute thought he grabbed a jacket and some jeans. He is holding the boys on his lap to help him keep warm.


Wresting in the tent.




Matthew is a good big brother. He helped the boys fish all morning. I am sure it was not as much fun as it could have been. There was no complaining- except about the temperature. It got down to 27 degrees during the night. Mark took a space heater and set it up in the tent. I think that may be the only reason they survived.












They caught 6 trout all together. I guess at one point, Matthew had a fish on the line, Mark was helping Richard with a fish on the line, and then Robert caught one too. A 'grandpa' that was there fishing came over and helped Robert reel his fish in.
Since the boys were gone, Rebecca and I went to dinner and then went shopping for a couple of hours. Then we rented Mama Mia and came home. We stayed up until about 11pm. It was so nice to sleep all night with no interruptions. (The twins still do not sleep through the night)
Saturday morning , Reb and I got the garden ready to be planted for this spring.
Sunday night, we had trout for dinner. It was yummy!






2 comments:

Smith Family said...

Looks like Matthew was enjoying his tunes while helping the little guys fish. That always seems to help a teenager pass the time. Looks like they all had a great time from start to finish.

Dorias Swensen said...

I hadn't noticed that but I guess you are right. He always has the ipod on.