Sunday, August 28, 2011

Swimming

My sister, Stephenie, talked me into doing an athletic event with her. It would include swimming 500 meters, running 1.5 miles, and doing push-ups, sit ups, and pull ups. Each event earns your team points. My 2 sisters and 2 girls from Steph's ward were on my team. Mark also joined a team and trained during the summer.

I am not an athlete. I can not swim, I can not run, I can not do real push-ups, I can not do pull-ups, and I've never tried to do a real sit-up ( I can do crunches though)

So... I joined a gym that had an indoor lap pool. I took Rebecca with me and she proceeded to teach me how to swim. I worked hard all summer and finally got the hang of it. Sorta. My goal was to swim 500 meters in less than 17 minutes. By the end of June, I finally got to where I could swim the 500 meters without stopping but I was very slow. Over time I got it down to 18 minutes. Not enough to get my team points. I changed my goal to be a completion goal. I learned how to swim!

No comments: