One day Rebecca was having a Chemistry study group over at the house. I was working on dinner and pulled the rice container out of the pantry. There was this little itty bitty bug on the canister (not inside). I thought it was weird. Then I pulled out another canister and to my horror there were hundreds of these little bugs behind the canisters at the back of the pantry. There was some flour spilled back there. I had no idea what these little wormy bugs were. Since the study group was at the kitchen table, they were part of the conversation. One of the boys said it was just extra protein and that they liked grain. He didn't know the name of the bug. I texted my Mom and Dad to find out what to do. These little worms eventually turn into a moth.
I emptied my pantry out onto the counters. Then scrubbed the pantry. Then came the process of going through all of the food and seeing what had bugs and what didn't. Gross. They liked my rice and bread crumbs.
I then ordered more Tupperware containers off of e-bay. I wanted the seals to match what I already had and I couldn't believe how expensive new Tupperware was ( and the new seals are red). All of the food that was still good was loaded into laundry baskets and we waited until the canisters came in the mail.
My new organized and bug free pantry. I guess living in the south for the last 15 years and not having bugs in the pantry is a good thing. I found out that they come from the grocery store in paper or cardboard packaging and then multiply in the cupboard. Have you ever seen moths in the aisles at the grocery store? Those are the critters.


No comments:
Post a Comment