Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Little Cubs and Cub camp

When the boys turned 8, they were able to start attending cub scouts.  They were so excited.  They love going to all the den meetings.  We have only had 2 pack meetings and those are fun too.


The boys attended summer day camp.  It was the last week in June.  We held it at the county fairgrounds.  It was very well organized and the boys all had a ton of fun.

During the lunch break each day, a performance of some kind was done.  The first day the Boerne Gymnastic Center came and did a circus performance.  Lorna, the owner, used to work for the Barnum and Bailey Circus in her younger years and now has a circus camp and acrobatic classes at her gym.  The kids all enjoyed the show

The second day, a medic helicopter and a fire truck came.  I was only able to get pictures on my phone because when I went to use my big camera the CS card was not in it.  It was at the house in the computer.  UGG!  The boys thought the helicopter was cook.



The third day was a fire show.  3 men came and twirled fire.  It was really neat.  I think I may have enjoyed it more than the twins.





The 4th day, the fire department came and did an egg drop.  The cubs had the opportunity to package up a raw egg and have it dropped from the top of a fire truck ladder.  We did not participate because I didn't have enough notice to help the boys build a package for their eggs.

After the egg drop, the fire department aimed the hose in the air and let all the water fall on the boys.  They thought it was great.

I had a rough ending to cub camp.  I ran the sports station the whole week.  It was exhausting.  I did make sure  I drank enough water during the 100 degree weather.  The last day I collapsed  from heat exhaustion. I didn't have enough salt.  I don't remember everything from it but I learned that next year I will be drinking Gatorade in addition to water.  

No comments: