Thursday, June 25, 2009

Boerne 1st Ward Summer Party

Every year our ward has a summer party. We always have it at the Benson's and it is always very relaxing and a lot of fun. This year instead of 2 bounce houses, we rented one Bounce House and a Bungee Run.
This is Mark and the Bishop

This is Mark and Matthew

Matthew beat everyone he went against. I laughed until tears were running down my cheeks. Some of the people at church tease our family at the competitive nature that runs in our blood. ie. pinewood derby races, Bear Moon bakery sales, and anything that is competitive. I am not sure if it is competitive or just the drive to do our best and if we happen to win, then so be it.



The kids talked me into going against Rebecca. I really felt like I was to old and that I might get hurt. Well that arguement didn't work. Mark is older than me and he went. I would like to think that I am still young enough to play with my kids but I am not so sure when it comes to things like this. I tied Rebecca and I survived. I wasn't even sore the next day.

I can't get the video clip of Rebecca and me to load



Robert and Dorias

Richard and Mark's feet

We had a balloon toss. The boys are getting pretty good at catching. Although, we did get pretty wet.



2 comments:

Joe and Emily said...

I always thought I was a pretty low key Swensen, but as the years go by, I realize I have that competitive/do your best drive in me as well. I think I keep it in check though...you never know about some of my brothers...hahaha.

Smith Family said...

Go Mark! Go Matthew! Great fun to watch.