I have learned a lot about gardening this year. we planted toooo much of some stuff and not enough of other. I needed to plant the spinach and lettuce earlier in the spring. I am fixin to have to make a cage for the cantalope. The racoons like it and I have to keep them out this year.
Next years garden will be better. I told the kids and Mark that this years garden is a learning experience.


1 comment:
As a side note, I was talking to a guy we go to church with who is a lifetime super-gardener and he told me not to let zucchini get bigger than the handle of a baseball bat. He claimed that the flavor starts to change for the worse and the seed become uneatable. He also claimed that you will get the same amount of squash it will just come over a longer period of time.
Post a Comment