Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fireworks


We had an eventful 4th of July.
I got up and cooked all morning.
Mark's sister, Susan and her family (Susan and Daniel plus their 6 kids) arrived around 2:30pm from Houston. Then Mark's cousin, Richard and his family (Richard and DeAnna plus their 7 kids) arrived around 4:00. We had 25 people for our 4th of July dinner. The tempurature outside hit 104. We were grateful for the pool and the shade of the big oak trees out back.
Around 8pm we headed to the church for the ward potluck dessert party and to watch the fireworks. Because of the drought, fireworks were banned in the county. The church parking lot is a great spot to watch the city fireworks.














While we were gone our dog, Lucky, got out. She ran off and still has not returned. It is very unusual for her to run off. When she gets out she stays on the front porch until we return. We have had a very sad Rebecca. I have checked at the animal shelter and the animal league to see if someone has picked her up and turned her in. We have gone door to door in our neighborhood with flyers. We think the fireworks scared her and she was trying to get away from them.




All in all we did have a nice 4th. I am thankful for the freedoms we enjoy. I hope to be able to instill in my children a love for country and respect for the sacrifices our freedom was paid for with.



No comments: