Thursday, August 20, 2009

Trip to the Zoo

We decided to make a trip to the zoo before the school year starts. My friend Kim and her 3 boys went with us. We arrived at the zoo at 8am. That is the best time to go. No school field trips, the animals are actually out, and the Texas heat has not gotten out of control yet.


I can't remember the type of eagle this is. The little boys thought it was "cool".



There was a porcupine walking around here. All of the boys loved it.

No hippos today. We don't know where they were.
As you can tell I didn't get many pictures. I have really got to get a new camara.
This is the first trip to the zoo in a while that we didn't encounter bird poop. I have actually had to wash my hair in the sink at the zoo and then last time Richard fell and landed/slid in bird poop. We avoided that area. I really don't like birds anyway. Kim did come prepared with wet wipes just in case. She has been with me each time we have a bird encounter.

No comments: