Sunday, April 11, 2010

Eagle Board of Review and Final Project Pictures

We arrived at Castle Hills Baptist Church at 5:30pm in hopes that we would be the first one in line for the 6:00pm start time for Board of Reviews. No such luck. We were number 3. At 6:15, Matthew's name was called and they asked for his project binders. ( I later told Matthew that the project and merit badges were his but the binder was mine. Matthew did do a lot of work in making the project binders but I am the one who printed and organized them.) There was one mistake in the binder. We forgot to put the approval page with the signatures of approval in the final project binder. The lady who we called the gatekeeper had record that we had been there in December and had gotten approval. whew!

Then at about 6:35, they came and got Matthew. We had been told previously that it could go anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour. Matthew was in with the Eagle Board for about 25 minutes. I should not have been nervous or worried. He did wonderful. He always does.




The signing of the Eagle application
Matthew and his Eagle Board. Don't I have a handsome grown up young man?

Mark, Matthew, and Me.
As soon as we were done at 7:15pm, Mark and Matthew headed out of there to get back to Boerne for Matthew's basketball game that started at 7:45. He made it!

Trail head archway that Matthew and Mark built. A few of the other boys and their dad's helped to dig the holes (jackhammering up rock) and cementing the archway in.

Beginning of trail.. It has held up to a lot of rain this year.


End of trail.
We have our first Eagle Scout. I am glad this milestone has been met and accomplished. This is the end of Matthew's trail to Scouting as a youth. I am proud of him.











2 comments:

Joe and Emily said...

Way to go Matthew and your supporting cast (i.e., Dorias, Mark, and other leaders/youth)!

Smith Family said...

Good job, Matthew!