Every Spring the wonderful Live Oak Trees that we have ALL over our yard decide to drop their leaves. We do not have a fall here in South Texas. We have the "leaf season". Then after the leaves drop, it is time for the pollen. This year the pollen was especially horrid. The pollen counts broke records. Thank goodness none of our little family is really allergic to the oak pollen. I do start the kids on allergy medicine as a preventative each year.




We were emptying the pool skimmers about every 4 hours during the day. I filled up the wheel barrow 3 times with just pollen. I don't know how many times Mark filled it up. It usually falls for about 2 weeks. Everything is coated in yellow dust. I think I may try to figure out a way to cover the pool next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment