Mark and Matthew were cleaning out some conduit back behind the Casita and came across this little critter. He is a Texas Rat Snake or as I grew up calling him, a Chicken Snake.
The kids really wanted me to let them keep it. I really, really do not want a snake in my house. I told them they could keep the snake if... I never had to clean the cage, feed the thing mice, and if it ever got out then I was staying in a hotel until the thing was recaptured. (The boys told people at church that I was going to get my own apartment if I let them keep the snake. lol)
Mark decided that the snake was too wild to keep. It bit him. He has top fang and bottom fang marks on his ring finger. They let him go back behind the chicken coop so that he could continue eating mice that get into the chicken's food.





No comments:
Post a Comment