As most of you know, I decided last year that I would make 40 goals that had to do with 40. It took me several weeks and a lot of thinking to come up with 40 goals. I needed to be able to succeed but not have it too easy. If you think about the math then that is 1600 items to do.
In the very beginning, I set up an excel spreadsheet to track my progress. I am not good with excel so this was an accomplishment in and of itself. (my kids thought it should be 1 of my goals) Every Sunday morning (we had afternoon church), I would update my spread sheet.
I knew that this would be hard and could possibly be taxing on the family. Mark and I discussed it at length and decided that this would be a good thing for me and for the family.
I worked really hard all year. Some days I would spend up to 5 hours a day on my goals. They became my life. Everything I did had to revolve around accomplishing my goals. My whole family supported me. They tried to help me finish them. I am blessed to have the support system that I did.
About a month before I was finished, I fell and sprained my ankle. I still had 2 miles left to run, 1 exercise class left to do, and 2 swims left. How was I going to get that done when I was on crutches and wearing a brace to keep me from moving my ankle? I walked the last 2 miles, I did Water Zumba for the last class and swam my last 2 swims with a support brace that could get wet. After each one, my ankle swelled up and hurt for several days. But I got done.
I am going to make a book about each of my goals and how they changed/effected my life.
After I finished my goals and the holidays were done, I felt kinda lost. I really did put a lot of time into them this last year. I have decided to get past projects done and keep doing some of the goals that I reached during my 40's year. For example, I took several weeks around the holidays off of attending the temple. I picked it back up. I will be attending the temple every Wednesday. I will still read, and I will still practice the piano. I am also picking a few things that I want to learn about and going to pursue that.


No comments:
Post a Comment