Sunday, January 27, 2013

Master Bedroom

I finally decided it was time to redecorate my room. It has had white walls and no curtains for 10 years now.

This is called color washing.  I painted a chocolate brown mixed with a glaze over the top of the beige that the other walls are painted.  I love it.


The curtains became an issue.  I bought the fabric for the curtains about 3 years ago.  The lighter lace in this picture.  The bathroom curtains are made out of this fabric.  I really liked it and the price was right.  I bought the whole bolt back then.  As I began to make these curtains, I realized that I didn't have the yardage I needed for the curtains I wanted to make.  I was discouraged.  My sister told me to look on pinterest for ideas on how to mix fabrics.  I didn't want to.  I wanted my idea to work.  Yes, I was being stubborn.  
For date night that Friday night, Mark and I went to the fabric store.  We walked around the tapestry sections for an hour and a half.  I finally found a fabric I liked that would match.  Now how do I redesign my curtains to take both fabrics?  I finally figured it out and Mark helped me figure out the yardage I would need.  When we got up to the check stand to pay for the fabric they took an additional 50% off and I ended up paying $5 a yard instead of the original $20.  I was happy.



I don't know why the walls aren't beige in the picture.