Mark and I flew to Escalante, Utah on October 29. We were gone until November 2. Grandma Swensen came and took care of the kids while we were gone. She got to help them with Halloween and do the whole routine. It ended up being a very busy weekend for her with Rebecca's regional choir stuff on Saturday, the Fall Festival on Saturday evening, getting locked out of the house, and the dogs escaping twice. We are very thankful for Grandma.
Mark and I stayed in a little bed and breakfast. I was amazed at how small this town is. It has 850 people. They have a doctor that visits twice a week. If he gives you a prescription, you have to either drive an hour and a half or wait until the doctor comes again to bring the prescription to you. There is no pharmacy in Escalante.
We stopped at a restaraunt to eat lunch on Saturday. There were only 3 to choose from. We walked in and the owner said that because of the halloween party they had been up to late and weren't serving lunch. We walked back to the car and as I was getting in, Georgie (the owner of the cafe where we had eaten the day before drove up) I asked her if she was open for lunch. She said that she might open in an hour or so. She had to finish up some errands first. It was already after 12:00. We ended up eating at the gas station where they had picadelli pizza. The subway in the other gas station had decided not to open either.
On Thursday afternoon and then again on Saturday afternoon we visited Devil's Garden. The weather was perfect and we really enjoyed the scenery and hiking.



No comments:
Post a Comment