Monday, July 26, 2010

Eggs

I went to let the chickens out of their hen house for their time in the yard. One of the hens did not want to come out. I thought that was strange. Then that night when Mark went to lock up the hens he couldn't find one of them. He opened the back to the hen house to see if she was in one of the nesting boxes.

This is what we found. We didn't think the hens would start laying eggs until they were 6 months old. That would put it in Sept or Oct. I guess these started early. We marked the eggs with an X so that if the other hens are laying in the same box we can pull them out everyday. We are going to let "Goldie" sit on her nest for the next 3 weeks and see what happens.

No comments: