My sister, Stephenie, called me and asked me if I wanted to play an April Fools Day trick on my family. I really don't like April Fools Day. It is mean jokes and lying. Her idea was great though and I had to follow suit. I had so much fun preparing. I giggled and had many phone calls and texts with my sister. I think we had more fun than our families.
I packed the boys lunches. Most of the stuff was what I normally send but...
Angel food cake with orange icing=grilled cheese sandwiches.
I emptied out the cookies and filled it with goldfish. They thought this was great.
Then dinner time came. I had Matthew invite his girl friend over for dinner. They knew I was up to something and they knew my sister was involved. They knew to be scared. I just laughed and smiled.
Jello! The boy kept trying to get a drink. They said it wouldn't come.
Runts and orange starbursts cut up=peas and carrots
cupcakes, icing, strawberry jam, and chocolate balls=spaghetti & meatballs
meatloaf and mashed potatoes=a beautifully decorated cake.
Once you got past eating blue potatoes, it wasn't all that bad. Mark was shocked that I made meatloaf. It was a first time and probably a last.
I had so much fun. I know I have already said that. I still just smile and giggle when I think about it. Thanks Steph!
Now the hard thing will be coming up with something for next year. How do we beat this?


No comments:
Post a Comment