Saturday, July 2, 2011

Erika Suarez's wedding

Erika was Richard's kindergarten teacher. She was an awesome teacher and made kindergarten fun. Everybody loves her. She invited Mark and me to her wedding. We drove to Laredo, TX (about 3 hours from our house). We decided that since the wedding didn't start until 8pm and then the reception afterward would go on through most of the night, that we would stay the night in Laredo and then come back the next morning. We decided that Matthew and Rebecca were old enough and responsible enough to watch the twins through the night.
I have never been to a wedding quite like this before. It was beautiful. The whole ceremony was done in Spanish so I didn't understand a whole lot of it. It was outdoors. We are in June in South Texas. There was a breeze that made it bearable.
The party started around 9pm. I think the Mexicans can really throw a party. If I spoke Spanish then I would have had a lot more fun. I still had fun even with the language barrier. The food was great, the music was amazing, and the chocolate fountain was yummy.
We left the reception around midnight. The party was still going strong. I was just worn out from such a long day. We had a great weekend.

No comments: