Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November Thankfuls

Last year my sister started posting something she was thankful for on her blog each day in November.  I copied her and I thought it was such a good idea that I am going to do it again this year.  I am sure I will have repeats but that is because I am truly thankful for the life I have and the people and things that are part of it.  I have such a blessed life and I am so thankful for each and every day. 

About 4 years ago, I started a gratitude journal.  I decided I needed a way to be thankful each day.  Everyday, I start my journal with "Where was the Lord's hand in my life today?"  I then answer the question.  After that paragraph, I write normal journal things.  I try to focus on what I am learning and my blessings.  I want my children and my posterity to know me by how I was blessed by the Lord , how important my family was to me and how important it was to learn from my challenges and trials.


As a family we are going to do a Thankful Tree.  I cut out a bunch of leaves (150).  Everyday we will write something we are thankful for and put it on the wall to make a tree.  Mark will be gone to London for most of this family activity.  He can tell me what he is thankful for and I can put them on the leaves for him. 

No comments: