Thursday, January 5, 2012

Matthew is at BYU



On New Year's Day, Matthew and I flew to Salt Lake City.  Helen (grandma) and Riley (cousin) picked us up from the airport.  We drove to Provo and checked into a hotel. 
The next day we picked up Riley at his apartment and went shopping for all the things the boys would need to start the semester.
Then on Tuesday, Matthew went to new student orientation and we bought books. 
Matthew's dorm room

Matthew's desk in his room
Wednesday, Matthew started class.  Helen and I went to Mt. Timpinogos Temple.   That afternoon, we picked up Riley and Matthew and took them to dinner.  They both had a good day for their first day of class.  After we dropped Riley off at his apartment, Helen and I went to Matthew's dorm room.  Girls are allowed in the rooms during certain times.  Wednesday night is one of the times that girls are allowed in there.  (I didn't think I should be counted as a "girl", but I was)

One funny thing that happened.  As Matthew was unlocking his door to let us in, another boy from a different room came out of the room across the hall.  This boy said "Hi, Mom; Hi, Sister"  When we got into Matthew's room, we just laughed.  The boy thought that Helen was Matthew's mom and that I was his sister.  I guess that means that both Helen and I look younger than our age.

At 9:00pm Matthew walked us down to the car and we said good-bye. 

Matthew is really enjoying college.  I am glad.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Go BYU! Go Matthew! Hope he has the same amazing first year experience my boys had. Its amazing how in a few short years they go from being young men to real men. College and a mission will do that. What a blessing the gospel is.