Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Year of 40's

I am turning 40 this year.  My sister's friend gave me the idea of making some goals that have to do with 40.  (She did this).  So I have spent the last several months coming up with goals that had to do with 40 but were not to overwhelming for me to accomplish in a year (along with all the mommy and wifey things I need to do).  Mark was great to bounce things off of and even came up with a few of the goals for me. 

I divided the goals into several categories.  Spiritual, Physical, Service, Home & Family, Knowledge, and Other.  Some will be fun and some will take quite a bit of effort. 

I am not going to list them all on here but I will give a few examples.

Spiritual:  Read the Book of Mormon in 40 days
                 Attend the temple 40 times this year
Physical:  Take 40 seconds off of my Summer of the Seals time
                 Swim 40 minutes straight.
Service:  Do 40 acts of service (outside of the home)
               Write 40 notes of thanks or encouragement when the thought pops into my head
Home & Family:  Try 40 new recipes
                Play 40 games with family
Knowledge:  Read 40 books
                Learn 40 new hymns
Other:  Eat at 40 different restaurants
            Can 40 jars for food storage

I did actually come up with 40 goals that have to do with 40.  I am going to blog (on a different blog) about my journey and growth through my year of 40's.   My hope is that this year will be an adventure and one that will let me grow and become a better person instead of moping about turning 40 (cuz I'm not sad about it).