Tuesday, July 10, 2012

phone



Last Sunday, I learned a lesson.  To listen to promptings/thoughts that just pop into my head.  I had the thought to work on my blog before church instead of after church.  I work on it almost every Sunday.  I decided not to work on it because I was trying to get things together to help the primary chorister and I wanted to work on Family History indexing and I needed to prepare my primary lesson.  (Church doesn't start til 1).  I had plenty of reasons not to listen to that thought.

The morning went great.  Got everything done that I needed to for church.  We even got there a few minutes earlier than planned.  

Church went great.  Primary was good.  During sharing time, I got my phone out to put a ladies information in it and to enter the calendar announcements.  I put my phone back in my purse and zipped it up.  

After church, Matthew came to me to get the keys to the car and I thought it was weird that my purse was unzipped.  Didn't think past that.  

Later Sunday night, I decided to go get my phone so I could work on my blog.  I take pictures with my phone quite a bit.  My phone wasn't in my purse.  I looked in my primary bag.  Nope.  Looked in the car.  Nope.  Mark took me back up to the church to look in the primary room and to check and see if it had been turned in.  Nope.  We went back home and looked again.  I started calling people that were in the Primary room after church to see if they had seen it or picked it up.  Nope.  I had one sister tell me that I needed to call the Bishop because things like that are usually turned in to the Bishop or the Library.  I almost laughed and then told her that I had that covered and I had already talked to the Bishop.  I guess the connection hasn't been made.

I was starting to stress.  I was supposed to leave for my sister's in the morning and I wasn't comfortable traveling without a phone.  Mark and I went back up to the church and looked again.  Nope.  

Mark called Verizon and had my old phone turned back on so that I could travel with a phone.  The only thing that I was really sad about was all of my pictures being gone.  If I had followed that thought I would not have lost all my pictures.

Friday night when I got back from my sister's , Mark took me to the Verizon store and I got a new phone.  It is an iphone.  I love it.  I was planning on getting an iphone when my contract was ready to upgrade but that is still 6 months away.  I have had so much fun playing with my new phone.







No comments: