We had 2 sets of twins in our Kindergarten and 1st grade class. They are identical twins and mine are fraternal. We all became really good friends. Both families had 4 kids although the twins are first in their family.
Well, the Tidwell family moved to Maryland for their Dad to work on his PhD. I went over to their house one day to help pack the kitchen. As it was time for me to leave, I offered to take the girls home with me and have them spend the night. I knew that my boys would love this and it would get the girls out of the way. (they are very well behaved).
When Sharon told the girls that they were spending the night, one of the girls said "OK, but we have to sleep in a different room because it is against the law for us to sleep in the same room as the boys". We laughed and then loaded the kids in the car.
Mark thought is would be fun to take both sets of twins out for dinner. The kids picked Chili's. You should have seen the looks I got. I had 2 sets of twins and my 2 big kids. We had so much fun.
We let the kids stay up pretty late and swim.
Eventually, I did put the kids to bed. We put the girls in the game room and the boys in their own room.
I am glad they had the opportunity to play one last time before the girls moved. We will miss them.


No comments:
Post a Comment