We decided to go to Grandma's house for a few days before the Swensen family reunion in Idaho. We left on 22 July 2012. Matthew took the 3 youngest kids and me to the airport. (Mark and Matthew met us in Idaho later in the week). Everything went fine until we were going through security. I sent Rebecca in a different line than me to have her stuff scanned. I took the twins with me. We got all our stuff on the belt and headed through the scanner. Then I sent the boys through. Well, the airport security decided that I needed to have a pat down because I wore a skirt to the airport. They didn't want me to have the twins with me. I told them I didn't mind being checked further but I was not willing to leave the boys unattended. They decided I could have the twins with me but they had to stay on the edge of the area where the check happens. I was fine with that. The boys were not. They did not like that someone else was touching me.
.JPG) |
| Robert looking out the window at our plane |
Everything seemed so new to the twins. It was like they had never been on a plane before.
.JPG) |
| Richard |
 |
| The 3 youngest |
.JPG) |
| Richard got the window seat on the way to Idaho and Robert got the window seat on the way back |
.JPG) |
| The kids all got new books for the flight. The boys read a ton |
.JPG) |
| The moving sidewalk |
We were starving by the time we got the luggage and the rental car. Once we got on the road and out of the airport traffic we decided to look for something to eat. I asked Rebecca where she wanted to go. She said some of her Utah friends really like In-N-Out Burgers. She typed it into the GPS and away we went. It was a Sunday and so we thought it would not be very crowded. We were in Mormonville... Not so. It was jam packed. Rebecca commented that she didn't know there were that many non Mormons in Utah. There are not. Most of the people in there were LDS. We used it as a learning opportunity. We probably should not have been traveling on Sunday and we did eat out on a Sunday. I rationalize and tell myself that it is Ok because we were traveling. Maybe the others in the restaurant are rationalizing in a different way.
The drive to Idaho was nice. The kids traveled really well and we were able to make pretty good time to Grandma's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment