Friday, May 22, 2009

Day at the Zoo


I try to take the boys to the San Antonio zoo about once a week. I missed a few weeks when Matthew had mono but we are back to normal now. I watch a little boy that is around the twins age one day a week. So he goes wherever we go. The other little boy in the picture is a friend of mine's little boy.


We had to leave the zoo early this time. I guess it was school field trip day. I couldn't believe how many kids were there. I ended up losing Robert. He was wearing the same color shirt as one of the day care groups. The "parents" of those kids herded Robert up with all the other kids. My friend, Kim, stayed with the other 3 kids while I went to look for Robert. The thought popped into my head to check with the day cares wearing the same colored shirt. I did and there was my Robert. He was just starting to cry. When I picked him up he said, " You lost me." I was so thankful to find my little boy. We left soon thereafter. we decided to ride the train around the zoo and then go to the park to play.


While at the park, a very tall black man came. I knew I recognized him but I am not real good with names. It was David Robinson, who used to play for the Spurs, in San Antonio. He is very tall. I thought people would swarm him but everyone pretty much game him his space. When Richard walked past him, he turned and stared. In the process of not watching where he was going, he ran into someone else. David Robinson smiled and said "Hi'.


No comments: