We have been in a drought for the past 2 years. We were 30 inches below normal for last year and then we were 3 inches below for this year so far. We have been in a stage 5 drought for the last year. Stage 6 is as bad as it gets.
We got 4 inches of rain in an hour. I tried to get pictures of Main street but they didn't turn out. It's wierd how the flooding happens here. It rains hard and fast for an hour or so. The streets and creeks flood and then it all drains off pretty fast.
I went into town around 5:30pm and Main Street was flooding. It was over the sidewalks and the outside lanes were under water. By 7:00 when I took Rebecca to Mutual, everything was just wet and the creeks were flowing.
Matthew is taking care of a family from church's yard while they try to sell their house. They have already moved and the house is vacant. He went out to mow the lawn this weekend. As we were driving up to the house, I commented that they must have had hail because the trees were stripped of their leaves. When we got to the house, Matthew realized the satalite dish was broken and that all of the windows on one side of the house were broken. Matthew called the homeowner and told them. I guess they had gotten baseball size hail. We only live about 5 miles from this house. We were blessed. I can't park my car in the garage because the ATV's now live in there.


No comments:
Post a Comment