Richard and Robert got their first cavity. It was on the same side of the mouth but opposite teeth. Richard's was on the bottom and Robert's was on the top.I didn't go back with the boys because I was waiting with one child while the other had their work done. I didn't want Robert to be scared when he saw what Richard was having done. Then I didn't want Richard to be distraction to Robert while Robert was getting his work done.


The gas didn't really work that well on Richard. He just kept talking and squirming. Then the dentist gave him the first shot. Richard told the dentist it felt like he was pinching his mouth. The first shot didn't numb his mouth enough so Richard go a second shot. That shot worked and numbed up his cheek very well.

The gas worked great on Robert and so did the shots. Robert looked kinda funny when he came out of the room. His nose on the numb side of his face was sagging.

Since I couldn't let the boys eat while their mouths were numb, I decided that it would be a good day for them to take a nap. I thought they would not be able to chew the inside of their mouths if they were asleep.
WRONG!

Richard chewed the inside of his mouth and lip while he was asleep. He looked awful. He never did complain much about his mouth hurting.
No comments:
Post a Comment