Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mark's 41st Birthday

Mark's birthday was on September 17. We did not celebrate it until Sunday the 20th. I fixed German Pancakes for breakfast. Mark wanted Chicken and Rice for dinner. I fixed it and put it in the oven to bake while we were at church. Mark also wanted his mom's lemon jello cake for his birthday cake. The little boys wanted to help make it. They cracked all of the eggs without any shell getting into the bowl.



Rebecca thought that Mark had a pretty lame birthday. The Joseph Smith book that I had ordered to be from Mark's mom and from me, did not come in time. I pre-ordered it in April. So, I copied a picture of the cover of the book and wrapped it and gave it to Mark to open. The kids got Mark a concealed handgun class. I copied the information and wrapped it and gave that to him to open. He needs to schedule it himself since there is no way I can keep up with his travel and meeting schedule.

The boys were so excited for Mark's birthday. They remembered that a few months ago when I registered them for soccer that I told them "after dad's birthday, you will get to play soccer" That was all they could talk about. They also really enjoyed Mark's cake.




No comments: