A lot of people stack their wood inbetween 2 trees. I followed suit and had the workers 2 summers ago stack the wood between the trees. The bug guy told me that was not good for the trees because the Oak Wilt fungus can set up shop in the decaying wood in the wood pile.
We did not get Oak Wilt from the wood pile but from the Electric Company trimming trees away from the power lines. All of the trees along the power lines died this last year. I am still moving our wood pile so that I am not the cause of the Oak Wilt spreading.
Mark and Rebecca working on the new wood pile.
Rebecca
The little boys taking sheets of bark to the burn pile. Matthew is using the wheel barrel to take logs to the new wood pile.
Matthew
Don't know what this is. Matthew found it under some of the logs. I am sure it eats wood. The little boys were calling it a "Flug" and a "Glug". I think it comes from the word slug but I'm not always sure with those boys.
It had already started burrowing back into the ground. The boys watched this bug for quite a while. They wanted to put it in their bug catcher and bring it in the house. I will let most bugs in as long as they are contained but I did not let this one. Maybe once it has a real name, I can let it in the house.


No comments:
Post a Comment