Sunday, March 6, 2011

My 39th Birthday

I have a wonderful husband. He made arrangements for my mom to come watch the kids so that we could go away for a night. I knew she was coming in on Thursday so that she could take Rebecca to see Wicked. I didn't know she was staying for the whole weekend.

Saturday morning we had busy, busy schedules. I am assistant coach for the twin's soccer team and still serving as U6 soccer commissioner. Soccer overlaps with basketball by 2 weeks so those 2 weeks are hectic. I took one kids to soccer and Mom took the other to basketball. Mark was giving a presentation at Little Philmont so he was in San Antonio with that. Plus, Rebecca had an all day choir thing at the high school.

When we finally got home around 11:30am, I got ready and Mark and I headed into San Antonio to see Wicked. I loved it. We had really good seats and the play was fabulous.






After the play, we went over to the Marriott Hotel to check in. When we checked in, Mark asked her how far away Ruth Chris Restaurant was. The lady asked when our reservations were. I told her they were either at 6:30 or 7:30 but we couldn't remember. By the time we got to our room, the phone was ringing. The receptionist had called Ruth Chris and found out what time our reservations were. She then offered to arrange transportation for us. We declined.




When we got to the restaurant, they told us it would be a moment til our table was ready. It was literally just a moment. They called us back and when we got to our table, they had sprinkled happy birthday confetti across the table. We had a very nice dinner. The service was great. The food was good (not worth the price). We really enjoyed our evening together. I am so lucky to be married to my best friend.


1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Happy late birthday! Glad is was awesome.