Friday, November 12, 2010

#12


I am very thankful for my piano.
The way Mark tells the story... When we were first married, my Dad told Mark that if he bought me a piano, that Mark would never have to pay for a shrink. ( I don't know that my Dad said it in those word, but Mark did). Mark bought me this piano during our first year of marriage. He found it in the newspaper for $300. In my eyes, it has paid for itself many time over.
Well... Mark can tell my mood by what music I pick to play. When I am sad, my music is sad. When I am happy, my music is happy and I try new and harder pieces. When I need to think and figure things out, then off I go to my piano.

I don't play it as often as I would like. I have a dream that someday I will be able to play any piece that I want.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

I've told my oldest boys they need to marry someone that can play the piano and they need to buy one for that new wife asap. It helps set the mood for fhe.