Thursday, November 18, 2010

#18

I am thankful for books. I love reading. I almost always have at least one book that I am reading. My bookshelves runneth over. Most of the shelves are double or triple stacked. Some of my favorite books have been The Hunger Games series, These is My Words, and the Last Lecture. I also like most of the Clive Cussler books. Books open up learning and imaginations. They are a way to escape from life for a few minutes, they are a way to not waste time when sitting in car pool line or in Dr.'s offices. They are a way for me to keep learning.

I am thankful for the ability to read. I really believe that if you can read, then you can learn anything. I have taught all 4 of my children to read so that I know they have a good base in reading. My oldest 2 are avid readers and my youngest 2 are emerging readers.

1 comment:

Joe and Emily said...

Oooh, I really like These is my Words too. So tragic, but so good.