Tuesday, November 16, 2010

#16


I am thankful for my sewing machine. In our Relief Society lesson this past Sunday, the instructor asked us to think of the best material gift we could ever receive. The first thing that popped into my head was my sewing machine. My friend, who also loves to sew and quilt, leaned over to me and said "your sewing machine".
Mark got me my machine for Christmas the year after the twins were born. Along with the actual machine, came lessons with already arranged childcare. I started crying when I opened this gift. It is something I would never ask for and something I never thought I would ever get. I have had many hours of enjoyment playing with my sewing machine and learning how to make beautiful lace, embroidery, and quilts.

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

I'm liking this thankful thing. It is fun to hear what others are thankful for. Glad you are still enjoying that beautiful machine