I know this is crazy. I am thankful for Lucky. She is becoming my dog. She is really Rebecca's dog. She sleeps in Rebecca's room at night and when she needs to retreat she goes to Rebecca's room to escape. Lucky is the type of dog that when she dies, we will not be able to replace her.

Lucky loves her ball. She has very strong retreiver instincts.

Now that the boys are in school and I am home by myself alot, I enjoy having Lucky around. I am not really by myself. She follows me around the house. She has learned a few things. If I leave my sewing machine light on, then she knows that I am coming right back and does not follow me to the ironing board. She also likes to lay at my feet while I am practicing the piano. She has learned to not be on the pedals or I will scoot her off.
One thing that Lucky does, is let me know when the boys get high fevers. When the kids are sick she will periodically check on them. If their fevers are high she comes and gets me. The first time she did this, I thought it was kinda wierd. Now I know that when she comes and gets me that something is wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment