Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

The boys are huge Star Wars fans. It has become an obsession. When school started, they had to earn TV time and that has helped some. They still wanted to be Star Wars characters for Halloween. I made the costumes. I enjoyed it this year. There was very little stress. I think part of it was I started with enough time to get completed and my sewing skills are slowly improving. This year the stressor was my painting skills. How do you paint Darth Maul's face with my abilities? I printed a picture off of google images and borrowed a paint brush from Rebecca.


Rebecca got hair gel and made the "horns" in Richard's hair.



picture from Internet

finished product


Richard (Darth Maul)

Robert (Luke Skywalker) He really wanted a Jedi cape and hood.


Rebecca and I dressed up as lady bugs. No one got pictures. Matthew and Mark chose not to dress up this year. But next year..... I already have a plan.

1 comment:

Joe and Emily said...

I don't know who you're kidding... your paint job was amazing! I admire your craftiness and sewing skills!