I will upload a legal copy of his graduation pictures when I get them.
Last Spring, Matthew decided he wanted to graduate early. We looked into what it would take. He needed 2.5 credits to pull it off. He could take a maximum of 2 credits through the school district. The school suggested we look at Texas Tech or BYU for the last half credit. Those 2 schools have accredited homeschool high school programs. We chose BYU. Matthew needed English IV, Goverment, Economics, and any half credit elective.
During the summer, Matthew worked on school from about 9am until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. He did this pretty much everyday. On the first day of school for what was supposed to be his senior year, I withdrew him from school. We had to do it this way so that the school district would pay for the 2 credits of summer school. Matthew had to be a full-time student in the district for them to pay for it. (Worth about $800 to us) As soon as school started then I could withdraw him.
![]() |
| I can't figure out how to turn this around. Before I upload it, it is correct. |
Now we are working on college applications. He is applying to BYU, Texas Tech, A&M, and UT Austin. The application deadline in Oct. 1. We should know in November where Matthew will be attending college in January.



No comments:
Post a Comment