Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rain

It finally rained.  We usually get around 33 inches by this time each year.  We have only gotten 3.33 inches.  We are in one of the worst droughts ever for this part of the country.  The whole state of Texas is hurting for water.  We have had 3 wells in our neighborhood go dry and need to drill deeper.  All of our yards are brown and dry.  It takes almost nothing to start a fire.  Last I checked there were over 200 wildfires burning in Texas and wildfire season isn't supposed to start until October.  We have been praying for rain.  The other day, Robert asked me why it hadn't rained since we have prayed for it.  Then he announced on Thursday that it was going to rain for 7 days in a row.  What am I supposed to say to that?  Then on Saturday morning, I woke up to rain hitting the skylight.  I looked outside and it was raining!  We got 3/4 inch at our house.  The boys think the grass is getting green.  lol

Well, the twins first football game was supposed to be on Sat.  They canceled all the games.  I had some very sad little boys.  They love football.  I had to explain that we needed the rain so much that we had to be thankful for what we got and we could always make-up the game on another day.  (I hope the make-up game is not on Sunday). 

Guess what?  I woke up to rain again this morning.  I haven't checked the rain gauge to see how much but my little Robert predicted 7 days in a row.  We have 2 so far...

No comments: