My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of years ago. She is doing great now! Anyway, I had heard that a lot of times when people are in the waiting room to receive their chemo treatments, that they are cold. I thought about how much I care for this friend of mine and that there was nothing I could do for her. The twins were little and she couldn't have little kids around due to the risk of illness. I decided to make her a Chemo Quilt to take to her treatments with her. This is the very first quilt I had ever completed. It is not perfect, but it showed my friend how much I cared and how much I wanted to help.

I hand quilted the breast cancer ribbon in each square.

This is a lap size quilt. I never did take a picture of it, so when I was at my friends house this last week, I saw her quilt hanging over a chair in the family room. I asked her if I could take a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment