Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mark is 42

Since the little boys were so excited about Mark's birthday, we decided to make it more of a family activity than usual. We usually do a family party (cake and presents) and then Mark and I go out on a date.

We decided that as soon as the kids got home from school then we would head to San Antonio and play putt-putt golf. Then we would go out to dinner. Matthew needed to be to work by 6:30pm so there would be time to play putt-putt and then he would go on to work.

As we got to San Antonio, I looked at the darkening sky and noticed how hard the wind was blowing. We pulled over (Matthew was in a different car so he could go onto work when he needed to). We decided that there was a storm coming and we would not get to play putt-putt anyway. I was a little worried about Matthew driving in the storm back to Boerne.

One of my favorite Mexican food restaurants is Papa Nacho's. Mark likes it too. We decided to have dinner there since it is half way between home and San Antonio.

As soon as we walked into the restaurant, the twins told everyone it was Daddy's birthday.


Robert gave Mark some socks

Richard gave Mark a book.

Rebecca gave Mark a book.

Matthew gave Mark some socks. Matthew surprised Mark when he sat on his lap.
Mark has been wanting new scriptures. When I was in Salt Lake City for my grandpa's funeral, I went to the distribution center and got Mark some new scriptures. Helen (Mark's mom) got him a case to hold them in.

My parents got Mark BYU floor matts for his truck. Robert immediately asked if he could have one of them since there were two.
The little boys and I also made a "glass" cake for Mark. At first I didn't know why they called a glass cake, Helen figured it out. It is the Lemon-Jello cake that is Mark's favorite cake. It is the only cake that I make in a glass pan. It also has a glaze on top instead of icing.

1 comment:

Joe and Emily said...

Here's to a great big brother: Happy Birthday Mark! Hope you enjoy reading your new scriptures with your feet in your new socks on your new floor mats.