Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ktichen Color

I decided after 8 years of having yellow walls that it was finally time to paint the kitchen.
I ended up painting that blue wall several time to get the right color. I had it a darker blue and it looked great until the morning when it was in only sunlight. Then it looked purple to me. So, I repainted it a lighter blue.

I didn't really like the light blue with the green (which looks brown in this picture) so I put a chocolate color wash over it. Nope still don't like it.

I ended up painting the wall a tan/brown color that I had used in the gameroom. The green and the tan work together. I still need to do curtains and blinds on the windows.
I walk into my kitchen and just love the colors. They make me smile. ( and now that orange tile that I don't like, doesn't look quite so bad)

I also decided I don't like the nic knacks that I have up on top of the cupboards. I will gradually redo those but for now they will still the way they are.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Looks good. I like the tan better too. But fun to see the work and decision making in progress. Your post has inspired me to take pictures of the kids rooms or bedding or the before n after that we did about a month ago. Parker had the hand me down bedding from the older boys. $25 got a new comforter, sheet set and bed pillow in the color he wanted.