Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rebecca's Solo

Rebecca was asked to sing in church. She did a fabulous job. She was very nervous because she had a cold and was a little worried about the high notes. I told her to say a prayer and it would all work out. As she started the song, her head and voice cleared. She hit every note and sounded perfect

.

Firm in the Faith

In a world built on fleeting ground. Where I see those a-round me falling down. I am holding to who I am. I am choosing my Father's plan. And everyday I live, I want to stand with Him. Firm in the faith, anchored in truth, solid in all that I do, No turning away, o shadow of doubt, No storm has the power to drag me down, I'm a witness in these later days, and I'm standing firm in the faith.

I am set on returning home, I want to remain in my Father's fold, so I will follow where-ever He leads, trusting His way in all things. He has called me to His side, and I will live my life. Firm in the faith, anchored in truth, solid in all that I do. No turning away, no shadow of doubt. No storm has the power to drag me down, I'm a witness in these later days, and I'm standing firm in the faith.

Like Joseph, like Hyrum, like Daniel in the lion's den. Like Mormon, like Ammon, like Helaman's young valiant men. Like Esther, like Nephi, like all the saints who followed Christ. Firm in the faith, anchored in truth, solid in all that I do. No turning away, no shadow of doubt. No storm has the power to drag me down. I'm a witmess in these later days, and I'm standing firm in the faith.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Great picture of Rebecca. Good job on your song - "let your light shine that men may see your good works."