In the Swensen family, it is a tradition to have thin pancakes, gooseberries, strawberries, little sausages, and orange juice for dinner on Christmas Eve. We have carried on that tradition. Yummy! I don't like gooseberries but I don't want to influence my kids one way or the other. My big kids don't like them because about 10 years ago, my mom told them that gooseberries were nasty. This year, I made the little boys a strawberry thin pancake and had them start eating them. Mark made a gooseberries thin pancake for himself. About half way through, he gave each of the boys a bite of his. They like them. Maybe the gooseberries tradition will pass on after all.
After dinner, we clean of the kitchen, and then go into the living room for Christmas Eve. Mark reads us the Christmas story out of Luke in the Bible. Then I read a flannel board story about the different symbols of Christmas.
We then get to open a package that is always pajamas. The little boys didn't need pajamas this year so they got robes. (they think that they are Chinese clothes and that they can now do karate)
When I was getting the shirts for the big boys, I was thinking these were the batman sign. They aren't. I think they are thunder cats. I am going to have to find that cartoon and have Matthew watch it at least once so that he knows what Mark and I are talking about.
The kids also get to open the packages from each other on Christmas Eve. This year was a lot of fun. It always is and the siblings gifts usually end up being the hit of Christmas.

This year the boys had been talking about Zhu Zhu pets. I didn't know what they were. I googled it and found out that it is a toy hamster that has the tubes and tunnels and everything but does not need cleaned up after. We had fun playing with these little critters.

Rebecca got Matthew a remote control tarantula. It is creepy. It doesn't' like the carpet in my bedroom. Whew! The little boys got Matthew a new pair of crock shoes. He wears crocks every single day of the year. The kids at school love to comment about this fact.
This year the boys had been talking about Zhu Zhu pets. I didn't know what they were. I googled it and found out that it is a toy hamster that has the tubes and tunnels and everything but does not need cleaned up after. We had fun playing with these little critters.
Rebecca got Matthew a remote control tarantula. It is creepy. It doesn't' like the carpet in my bedroom. Whew! The little boys got Matthew a new pair of crock shoes. He wears crocks every single day of the year. The kids at school love to comment about this fact.
Rebecca's gift from Matthew did not arrive in time. It was sent 2 day mail over a week ago. I hope it gets here before we leave on our trip to Idaho. Rebecca also got a dress coat from the little boys.


No comments:
Post a Comment