I hardly ever turn the lights on in the house unless it is dark outside. I have windows for light. 2 of the rooms in our house have skylights. I don't really need the lights unless there is none outside.
I had noticed that it was getting harder to see in the kitchen at night. I thought it was because my eyesight is getting worse and during this time of the year, I don't like wearing my contacts and I really don't like my glasses.
Then when Mark's mom was here, she asked me if my kitchen seemed darker. I did notice that it seemed like some of the florescent lights had quit working but others were still working so it was fine. I asked Mark to check the overhead lights in the kitchen. We have lived in this house for almost 9 years. We have never changed the lights bulbs in the the kitchen. Mark opened the cover.
This is what he found. 9 out of 12 lights were out. Why there are 12 lights in this bank of light is beyond me. Mark decided to check the hall lights too since he was going to have to go buy new bulbs anyway. We ended up needing 14 florescent bulbs. Now it is almost too bright in the kitchen. The first school morning after we had light again, the little boys complained that it was to light in the kitchen.



No comments:
Post a Comment