Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween Haunted Houses

Robert decorating his house
 The kids had the day off of school, so I decided it would make a good day to continue our yearly tradition of making Halloween Haunted Houses. 

I didn't even think about Rebecca wanting to do one and of course she did.  Last year the big kids didn't really want to do one so I didn't plan on them wanting to do one this year. 

I learned a trick this year.  This past weekend I was chaperoning a church dance.  I was talking to several ladies and one of them is a Wilton cake instructor.  She said to add a tsp of meringue powder to butter cream icing and it will make it stiffen up but not be like royal icing.  I tried it.  YEA!

Richard decorating his house
Next year I will make the orange a little less stiff.  It worked for me but the twins had a hard time with it.

Richard


Robert
Robert adding candy to his house.


Pattern for gingerbread cut out.
We actually did chocolate instead of gingerbread this year. 

No comments: